Thursday, October 9, 2008

random city


Wow... so I'm writing again the same day from Satna, a fairly large city though waaaaay off the tourist map. only reason any foreigners are ever here is to go to Varanasi, and the only reason they are here for that is because it is on the train line, it is 4 hous from the city where i am this morning, or the town rather. you know the most interesting thing about this place is it is a regular city; quite bright decked out in xmas lights, there is a hindu festival going on for the last 10 days. so all these women and children are out with everyone else, the shops are closing, but the random little convenience stores are open along with some electronics stores.

I seem to have stumbled upon the one hole in the wall internet cafe here, its like some woman's house with 3 nice computers in the back and one really hot indian guy (watch out chris!) who's talking to me right now, first attractive one i've seen, to be totally honest. anyway, i bought some bangles here, and have been looking at the shops, the people here are not really hassling me, which is pretty funny. they are looking at me wide eyed and talking about me, like im the first foreigner they've seen. one boy called out to me and his friends were laughing, thats about it. i bought some toothpaste and electolyte powder (yum) with minimal hassle and gentlemanly service.

It was a fairly pleasant (?) bus ride here, bus only stopped running twice, they opened up the insides of it and were doing something with the oil? dunno but it smelled foul. but, it kept running and soon i was walking 20 min down the road with my bags and some korean girls and we found the station. there was no proper waiting room, so i figured out i could put my stuff in a "hotel" room for about 4 bucks, with a shower and all, from a man who spoke no english. a punjabi business man helped me out with translations, and my stuff is locked away in a room for the next 5 hours till this train leaves! what i thought was going to be a boring 6 hours hasn't been half bad. prob kill some more time online and then get some food. craziness! but im enjoying it.

No comments: